- Corporate body
The Humber Pastoral Charge (Corner Brook East) was formed in 1948 in the Humber Presbytery, Newfoundland and Labrador Conference of the United Church of Canada. From 1925 to 1948, the congregation had been part of the Curling Pastoral Charge, and before 1925, part of the Bay of Islands Methodist Mission.
People had begun to settle in Humbermouth, especially after it had become an eastern divisional point for the railroad in the early 1900s. The first Methodist church was built there in 1903 during the pastorate of Rev. Peter Bryce. This was a small building located on Humber Road in what is now the Old United Church Cemetery.
The pulp and paper industry in the area was developing rapidly, resulting in increased population growth. In 1925, Curling and Humbermouth were united in one pastoral charge with a resident clergyman at Curling. In 1926 a hall/school was opened in Humbermouth as a place of worship and for other church-related functions. It was the first United Church school in the community.
In 1948, Humber and Curling became separate pastoral charges, although the minister at the time, Rev. Barrett, continued to serve them both. A house at Humbermouth was purchased from Albert Pear to serve as a manse. The first independent minister to the Humber charge was Barrett's successor, Rev. Woolfrey. During his tenure, a new manse was built on Station Road. The Humber United Church was built on Clarence Street and was officially opened on May 20, 1956.
The Pasadena congregation, which had originally been part of the Humber United Charge, became part of the Pasadena-Hampden charge in 1980.