- Corporate body
- 1843 - 1967
The first resident Church of England missionary for the Placentia Bay mission was appointed in 1842. St. Paul's, Harbour Buffett became the headquarters of this mission in 1848 with responsibility for all Placentia Bay residents of the Church of England faith.
On September 28, 1913, the Church of England parsonage at Harbour Buffett was destroyed by fire. The parsonage fire destroyed the baptism records of the parish pre 1890 and the marriage and burial records pre 1911.
In 1967 the community of Harbour Buffett was resettled and the Parish of Harbour Buffett was relocated to Arnold's Cove. In the 1970's the name was changed to the Parish of Arnold's Cove, which now includes the communities of Arnold's Cove, Come By Chance and North Harbour. In its turn this parish was amalgamated with the parishes of Random South and Norman's Cove to form the Parish of the Holy Spirit.