Anglican Parish of Bay Roberts - Coley's Point

Área de identidad

Tipo de entidad

Entidade coletiva

Forma autorizada del nombre

Anglican Parish of Bay Roberts - Coley's Point

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nombre

Forma(s) normalizada del nombre, de acuerdo a otras reglas

Otra(s) forma(s) de nombre

Identificadores para instituciones

Área de descripción

Fechas de existencia

1824 -

Historia

The parish began as part of a much larger Conception Bay mission which was established by the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in 1765. The first member of the society in the region was the famous Rev. Lawrence Coughlan who served the area from Harbour Grace.
In 1826, the mission of Port de Grave was established to serve the area from Bay Roberts to Brigus. For the next ten years Coley's Point, along with Bay Roberts, was part of Port de Grave Mission under Rev. Charles Blackman. The mission of Bay Roberts was established in 1837 to encompass the settlements from Coley's Point to Upper Island Cove. Although Bay Roberts was only now receiving the status of a separate mission, its residents already had their own church in Mercer's Cove. The first St. Matthew's Church had been started in 1824 and consecrated in 1827. The missionary society continued to supply clergymen until the Parish of Bay Roberts was created in 1906.

Lugares

Estatuto jurídico

Funciones, ocupaciones y actividades

Mandatos/fuentes de autoridad

Estructura/genealogía interna

Contexto general

Área de relaciones

Área de puntos de acceso

Puntos de acceso por materia

Puntos de acceso por lugar

Occupations

Área de control

Identificador de registro de autoridad

Identificador de la institución

Reglas y/o convenciones usadas

Estado de elaboración

Nivel de detalle

Fechas de creación, revisión o eliminación

Idioma(s)

Escritura(s)

Fuentes

Notas de mantención

  • Portapapeles

  • Exportar

  • EAC

Materias relacionadas

Lugares relacionados