Anglican Parish of Bay Roberts - Coley's Point

Zona de identificação

tipo de entidade

Entidade coletiva

Forma autorizada do nome

Anglican Parish of Bay Roberts - Coley's Point

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome

Forma normalizada do nome de acordo com outras regras

Outra(s) forma(s) do nome

identificadores para entidades coletivas

área de descrição

datas de existência

1824 -

história

The parish began as part of a much larger Conception Bay mission which was established by the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in 1765. The first member of the society in the region was the famous Rev. Lawrence Coughlan who served the area from Harbour Grace.
In 1826, the mission of Port de Grave was established to serve the area from Bay Roberts to Brigus. For the next ten years Coley's Point, along with Bay Roberts, was part of Port de Grave Mission under Rev. Charles Blackman. The mission of Bay Roberts was established in 1837 to encompass the settlements from Coley's Point to Upper Island Cove. Although Bay Roberts was only now receiving the status of a separate mission, its residents already had their own church in Mercer's Cove. The first St. Matthew's Church had been started in 1824 and consecrated in 1827. The missionary society continued to supply clergymen until the Parish of Bay Roberts was created in 1906.

Locais

status legal

funções, ocupações e atividades

Mandatos/Fontes de autoridade

Estruturas internas/genealogia

contexto geral

Área de relacionamento

Área de pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Ocupações

Zona do controlo

Identificador do registo de autoridade

Identificador da instituição

Regras ou convenções utilizadas

Estatuto

Nível de detalhe

Datas de criação, revisão ou eliminação

Línguas e escritas

Script(s)

Fontes

Notas de manutenção

  • Área de transferência

  • Exportar

  • EAC

Assuntos relacionados

Locais relacionados