Archief - Anglican Parish of Bell Island

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Anglican Parish of Bell Island

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Textual record

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

referentie code

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1870-2004 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Anglican Parish of Bell Island
    Plaats
    Bell Island, Conception Bay (NL)

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

130cm of textual material

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1843 -)

Institutionele geschiedenis

Church of England priests visited Bell Island from the shores of Conception Bay as far back as 1795. Bell Islanders seeking the Sacraments of Baptism and Marriage often went to Hr. Grace. The first known priest that came regularly to Bell Island was the Rev. Thomas Longhorne.

On Aug 12, 1843, Bishop Spencer consecrated the first church on Bell Island, the church of St. Mary the Virgin and in the fall of that year rev. Thomas Boone came to Lance Cove. In 1867 Bishop Field separated the Congregation from Portugal Cove and it became part of the Topsail Mission and 5 years later a new church was consecrated by Bishop Field. In 1903 a second church was built to serve the people of Wabana. St. Boniface was situated where the old cemetery is now located. Then in 1926 the cornerstone was laid by Bishop William White for the present church of St. Cyprians - Bishop and Martyr. This church replaced St. Boniface.
St. Cyprian's is the "headquarters" of the Anglican Church's on Bell Island with St. Mary's a part of the parish, however, all records are kept as a single unit.

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

Registers of baptism, Marriage, Burial and Confirmations. Also vestry Books, Financial Documents and Minutes of Meetings.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

  • Engels

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Restrictions on access may apply. Consult with archivist.

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Further accruals expected.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Klad

Niveau van detaillering

Gedeeltelijk

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

  • Engels

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres