Anglican Church of the Ascension, Mount Pearl, NL

Área de identidad

Tipo de entidad

Entidade coletiva

Forma autorizada del nombre

Anglican Church of the Ascension, Mount Pearl, NL

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nombre

Forma(s) normalizada del nombre, de acuerdo a otras reglas

Otra(s) forma(s) de nombre

Identificadores para instituciones

Área de descripción

Fechas de existencia

1952 -

Historia

The Parish of the Ascension in Mount Pearl can trace its origins to a service of worship held on October 12th, 1952 in a converted garage made available by the late James Billard. This service was conducted by the Rev. Canon A. B. S. Stirling, then Rector of the Parish of St. Mary the Virgin in St. John's.
The first Church of the Ascension was opened on June 17th, 1956 on Park Avenue. Parish status was granted by the Diocese of Newfoundland on January 1st, 1964 and the Rev. R. T. Mercer was inducted as the first Rector on February 23rd of that year.
Throughout the 1960's and 1970's, the Church of the Ascension continued to grow and on September 24th, 1978 the second Church of the Ascension was dedicated on Smallwood Drive by Archbishop Robert L. Seaborn. On May 12th, 1983 - Ascension Day - the new Church of the Ascension was consecrated by Bishop Martin Mate.

Lugares

Estatuto jurídico

Funciones, ocupaciones y actividades

Mandatos/fuentes de autoridad

Estructura/genealogía interna

Contexto general

Área de relaciones

Área de puntos de acceso

Puntos de acceso por materia

Puntos de acceso por lugar

Occupations

Área de control

Identificador de registro de autoridad

Identificador de la institución

Reglas y/o convenciones usadas

Estado de elaboración

Nivel de detalle

Fechas de creación, revisión o eliminación

Idioma(s)

Escritura(s)

Fuentes

Notas de mantención

  • Portapapeles

  • Exportar

  • EAC

Materias relacionadas

Lugares relacionados