Anglican Church of the Ascension, Mount Pearl, NL

Zone d'identification

Type d'entité

Collectivité

Forme autorisée du nom

Anglican Church of the Ascension, Mount Pearl, NL

Forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom

Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions

Autre(s) forme(s) du nom

Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités

Zone de description

Dates d'existence

1952 -

Historique

The Parish of the Ascension in Mount Pearl can trace its origins to a service of worship held on October 12th, 1952 in a converted garage made available by the late James Billard. This service was conducted by the Rev. Canon A. B. S. Stirling, then Rector of the Parish of St. Mary the Virgin in St. John's.
The first Church of the Ascension was opened on June 17th, 1956 on Park Avenue. Parish status was granted by the Diocese of Newfoundland on January 1st, 1964 and the Rev. R. T. Mercer was inducted as the first Rector on February 23rd of that year.
Throughout the 1960's and 1970's, the Church of the Ascension continued to grow and on September 24th, 1978 the second Church of the Ascension was dedicated on Smallwood Drive by Archbishop Robert L. Seaborn. On May 12th, 1983 - Ascension Day - the new Church of the Ascension was consecrated by Bishop Martin Mate.

Lieux

Statut juridique

Fonctions et activités

Textes de référence

Organisation interne/Généalogie

Contexte général

Zone des relations

Zone des points d'accès

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Occupations

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la notice d'autorité

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles et/ou conventions utilisées

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue(s)

Écriture(s)

Sources

Notes relatives à la mise à jour de la notice

  • Presse-papier

  • Exporter

  • EAC

Sujets associés

Lieux associés