Fonds - Church of the Holy Nativity (Little Harbour) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Church of the Holy Nativity (Little Harbour) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Supplied title based on provenance

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1931-1969 (Creation)
    Creator
    Church of the Holy Nativity (Little Harbour, N.L. : Anglican)

Physical description area

Physical description

4 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1939-1961)

Administrative history

The re-settled community of Little Harbour is located at the entrance of Smith Sound, about 25 km from Trinity. Around 50 - 60 people lived in the community at the beginning of the 20th century, and by 1945 the population had risen to 158. The community was in the parish of Trinity. The first entry in the vestry register for The Church of England Church of the Holy Nativity at Little Harbour, is for Evensong, held on Feb. 20, 1931 with lay reader B. Burridge. The community was resettled under the provincial government resettlement program in the 1960s, by which time many residents had already left the community. The church officially closed on August 25, 1969.

Source: Church of the Holy Nativity (Little Harbour) fonds; Encyclopedia of Newfoundland and Labrador.

Custodial history

Since the closing of the church at Little Harbour, the records have been kept at the rectory of the parish of Trinity.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of minutes of vestry meetings, 1959-1964; Vestry registers, 1931-1969 and income and expenditures for 1947-1964.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Donated by the Rector of the Parish of Trinity, Rev. Colbourne, July 2000

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain copyright status and clearance.

Finding aids

No finding aid available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created - April 16, 2013

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres