Title and statement of responsibility area
Creston-Red Harbour Pastoral Charge fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Based on contents of the fonds
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- United Church of Canada. Creston-Red Harbour Pastoral Charge
Physical description area
3 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Creston-Red Harbour became a pastoral charge in the Avalon Presbytery, Newfoundland Conference of the United Church of Canada in 1975. It was a successor body to the Creston-Marystown Pastoral Charge, with congregations at Boat Harbour, Creston North, Creston South, Little Bay East, and Red Harbour. Rev. R. Neil Newbury was appointed its first minister.
Historically, Creston had been part of the Burin Mission. In 1894, it became part of the Epworth Mission. Red Harbour and Little Bay East had also formerly been associated with other missions in Placentia Bay and Fortune Bay. The Little Bay East congregation had been part of the Congregationalist Fortune Bay Mission until 1941. In that year, the mission was received into the United Church of Canada, and Little Bay East became a congregation in the Pool's Cove Pastoral Charge. The boundaries of that pastoral charge remained the same until 1970, when Little Bay East came under the newly formed Creston-Marystown Pastoral Charge. Meanwhile, Red Harbour had originally been a congregation in the Port Elizabeth Pastoral Charge. In 1972, after the resettlement of Port Elizabeth, the Red Harbour Pastoral Charge was formed and included both Red Harbour and Little Bay East.
A copy of the annual reports were sent to the archives at their time of publication.
Scope and content
Fonds consist of annual reports and are arranged in series 1.0: Annual reports, 1985-1995.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions to this fonds.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Archives inventory list, 1999
Other records relating to Creston - Red Harbour Pastoral Charge are found in the Burin Pastoral Charge fonds, Epworth Pastoral Charge fonds, and Pool's Cove Pastoral Charge fonds.
Further accruals are expected.
Standard number area
Subject access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Created - May 15, 2013
Language of description