Archief - Epworth Pastoral Charge fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Epworth Pastoral Charge fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Textual record

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

  • Source of title proper: Title based on content of the fonds

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

referentie code

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1873-1995 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    United Church of Canada. Epworth Pastoral Charge

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

24 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1894-)

Institutionele geschiedenis

Epworth (Spoon Cove) became a mission of the Methodist Church of Canada, Newfoundland Conference, in 1894. Its first pastor was Rev. C. Howse. The Epworth Mission was geographically small, covering an area of less than 20 miles, with congregations in Epworth, Burin Bay Arm, Lanse'eau, Lewin's Cove, and Creston. It had a population of 1200, of which one-half were Methodist.

Originally, Epworth had been part of the Burin Mission. By 1840, Epworth had a chapel and school house. In 1890, a new church was dedicated there. By 1899, the exterior of a new church at Lewin's Cove had been completed and a new school house was under construction to serve the congregations in Lewin's Cove, Mud Cove, and Epworth.

Today the pastoral charge is comprised of congregations in Epworth, Lewin's Cove, and Winterland (which became part of the charge in 1981).

Geschiedenis beheer

Records remained in the pastoral charge until the 1980s at which time they were deposited at the conference archives.

Bereik en inhoud

Fonds consist of records relating to the functional bodies of the Charge which include various boards, committees, organizations and groups. Included are vital statistics, membership information, minutes, financial records and publications; The records are arranged in the following series: 1.0: Baptism, marriage, and burial registers (1892-1974); 2.0 Membership records (1892-1954); 3.0: Funds/congregational financial records (1933-1968); and 4.0 Annual reports (1991-1995).

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

  • Engels

Schrift van het materiaal

    Plaats van originelen

    Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

    Restrictions on access

    There are no restrictions on access.

    Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

    Toegangen

    Archives inventory list, 1999

    Associated materials

    Other records relating to the Epworth Pastoral Charge are found in Burin Pastoral Charge fonds, Creston - Red Harbour Pastoral Charge fonds, and the Port Elizabeth Pastoral Charge fonds.

    Related materials

    Aanvullingen

    Further accruals are expected.

    Alternative identifier(s)

    Standaard nummer

    Standaard nummer

    Trefwoorden

    Onderwerp trefwoord

    Naam ontsluitingsterm

    Genre access points

    Beheer

    Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

    Identificatiecode van de instelling

    Regels of conventies

    Status

    Klad

    Niveau van detaillering

    Gedeeltelijk

    Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

    Created - May 13, 2013

    Taal van de beschrijving

    • Engels

    Schrift van de beschrijving

      Bronnen

      Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik