Fonds - Anglican Mission of Harbour Buffett, Placentia Bay, NL

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Anglican Mission of Harbour Buffett, Placentia Bay, NL

General material designation

  • Technical drawing

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description


Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1819-1985 (Creation)
    Anglican Mission of Harbour Buffett, Placentia Bay, NL
    Harbour Buffett (NL)

Physical description area

Physical description

12cm of textual records (photocopy)

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1843 - 1967)

Administrative history

The first resident Church of England missionary for the Placentia Bay mission was appointed in 1842. St. Paul's, Harbour Buffett became the headquarters of this mission in 1848 with responsibility for all Placentia Bay residents of the Church of England faith.
On September 28, 1913, the Church of England parsonage at Harbour Buffett was destroyed by fire. The parsonage fire destroyed the baptism records of the parish pre 1890 and the marriage and burial records pre 1911.
In 1967 the community of Harbour Buffett was resettled and the Parish of Harbour Buffett was relocated to Arnold's Cove. In the 1970's the name was changed to the Parish of Arnold's Cove, which now includes the communities of Arnold's Cove, Come By Chance and North Harbour. In its turn this parish was amalgamated with the parishes of Random South and Norman's Cove to form the Parish of the Holy Spirit.

Custodial history

Scope and content

parish registers, Church books (photocopies)

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition


Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Restrictions may apply. Consult the Archivist.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials


Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions


Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres