Showing 12 results

Archival description
Anglican Parish of St. Paul, Trinity, Trinity Bay, NL
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Anglican Parish of St. Paul, Trinity, Trinity Bay, NL

  • Fonds
  • 1874-1999

The fonds contains records of the administration of the church of St. Paul's from 1874-1969, and includes the minutes of meetings of vestry, records of committees and boards, financial records, correspondence and invoices, vestry registers, clergy's records, some legal documents re the acquisition of land, and seating plans for both the old and the new church. Other records include photographs of the present and the former church, as well as portraits of many of the rectors of the parish; a full set of plans for the building of the church by architect Stephen J. Earle; a painting by J. S. Hayward of the Anglican Cathedral of St. John's; and visitors' books.

The records have been organized in 11 series according to form and function; Series 1: Minutes of Vestry, 1874-1958; Series 2: Committees and Boards, 1892-1945; Series 3: Financial Records, 1879-1964; Series 4: Correspondence, 1905-1960; Series 5: Vestry Registers, 1913-1921; Series 6: Clergy's Records, 1881-1969; Series 7: Legal documents, 1895; Series 8: Sunday School, 1904-1913; Series 9: Visitors' Books; Series 10: Plans and blueprints, [1892 - 1980]; Series 11: Photographs.

Anglican Parish of St. Paul, Trinity, Trinity Bay, NL

Clergy's Records

The series consists of a minister's work book and diary for 1881; a book containing sermons and notes from the scriptures, 1903; some service schedules, printed hymns and a photocopy of a document concerning St. Paul's Church dated 1757.

Committees and Boards

The series consists of minutes of meetings of the various committees established by the members of the congregation to carry out specific projects. The committees are as follows: Building Committee, 1892-1893; Parish Hall Building Committee, 1901-1902; Cemetery Board, 1908-1915; Lighting and Memorial Committee, 1945.

Financial Records

The series includes all the records having to do with financial matters and consists of: accounts, 1912-1964; weekly offerings, 1915-1957; rector's stipend, 1945-1958; cemetery tax, 1891-1957; labour and cash given for building St. Paul's parsonage stable, 1906; Synod fund, 1879; an account of the Jubilee fund, 1944-1945.

Photographs

The series consists of photographs and paintings that were on display in the church. Seventeen of the photographs are of rectors past and present, three images are of the old and the new church. There is an ink and wash drawing of the old church and a painting of the Anglican Cathedral in St. John's by J. W. Hayward.

Plans and blueprints

The series includes a set of architectural drawings (12 pieces) for the building of the 1892 church by architect Stephen J. Earle; a diagram of the Church of England cemetery at Trinity, nd; two blueprints, entitled Trinity Parish Hall Alterations: Floor Plans, Sept. 1980; and Building Sections, Oct. 1980; Plot plan and plan of the new Church of England cemetery at Trinity, nd; seating plan of the old church, 1878, and the new church, 1894 (2) and 1921; a copy of the "Rough Plan" showing the position of Garland's Paddock near the Church, Trinity, 1895, and a plan of the Garlands estate at Trinity.

Results 1 to 10 of 12