Maritime History Archive student papers collection
The Maritime History Archive collection of student papers contains 5429 essays relevant to the history and culture of Newfoundland and Labrador, collected by professors in the departments of Anthropology, Geography, and History. Most of the papers contain original research on Newfoundland communities and regions, but other categories of research include biographies and family histories, settlement patterns, economic development, education, health, law and justice, merchants, the military, politics and government, religion, shipping, fisheries and the fishing industry, and Labrador society and culture. Research papers may include photographs, oral histories, and diagrams.
The collection is organized in the following series:
- Student research papers in History, collected by Keith Matthews, 1971-86
- Student research papers in Geography, collected by John Mannion, 1976-86
- Student research papers in Geography, collected by W. S. W. Nowak, 1972-89
- Student research papers in Anthropology, collected by John Kennedy, 1972-85
- Student research papers in Anthropology, collected by Tom Nemec,1969-76.