Aperçu avant impression Fermer

Affichage de 13 résultats

Description archivistique
Fonds · 1915-1986, predominantly 1951-1971

Fonds consists of records which relate to ecclesiastical property and buildings in Sacred Heart Parish, as well as to various Roman Catholic organizations. The ecclesiastical property records include correspondence (1917-1986); financial statements (1915-1928); a parish boundary decree (1985) and an outline of the parish boundary on a photocopied commercial map (1985); four architectural drawings of a proposed presbytery (1960); six technical drawings - one of a proposed land exchange between the Roman Catholic Church and a parishioner (1966) and five of land in Marystown belonging to the Roman Catholic Episcopal Corporation (1967); two sketches of the intended layout of a parish hall (1965); four Latin documents; church legal documents and forms (1915, 1919, 1948); five black and white photographs and two colour photographs.

The records which relate to church organizations include the Altar Society minute book (1926-1937) and file (1973-1976); the Holy Name Society minute books (1958-1970) and Sunday publications book (1926-1928). As well, the fonds contains material, primarily photocopies and clippings from the Roman Catholic newspaper The Monitor reflecting the history and activities of Sacred Heart Parish.

Sans titre
John Rorke & Sons Limited fonds
Fonds · 1879-1933

Fonds consists of correspondence and shipping papers for the company operations, 1879 -1933. Material of particular interest is the correspondence and accounts of C. T. Bennett of Bristol, which illustrates the complexities of the marketing structure and the economic factors which affected the salt fish industry as well as providing insight into the day-to-day operations of the business. The fonds also includes vessel expenditures and charter parties. The architect's specifications for the building of the Stonehouse on Water Street, Carbonear, are contained in the correspondence for 1907.

The fonds is arranged in four series: Correspondence, 1880-1933; Financial records, 1879-1920; Shipping records, 1881-1923; Miscellaneous bound volumes, 1892-1920.

Sans titre
Fonds · 1925-1988, predominant 1962-1988

Fonds consists of correspondence relating to Mary Queen of Peace School, Mary Queen of Peace Parish Hall, and the general operations of both St. Raphael's and Mary Queen of Peace parishes (1952-79); financial statements (1925-30); construction proposals (1975-76); architectural drawings (1968, 1976-77); newspaper clippings relating to the opening of the new church (1985); Parish Pastoral Council minute book and resource binder (1987-88); and 2 black and white photographs.

Sans titre
Fonds · 1874-1999

The fonds contains records of the administration of the church of St. Paul's from 1874-1969, and includes the minutes of meetings of vestry, records of committees and boards, financial records, correspondence and invoices, vestry registers, clergy's records, some legal documents re the acquisition of land, and seating plans for both the old and the new church. Other records include photographs of the present and the former church, as well as portraits of many of the rectors of the parish; a full set of plans for the building of the church by architect Stephen J. Earle; a painting by J. S. Hayward of the Anglican Cathedral of St. John's; and visitors' books.

The records have been organized in 11 series according to form and function; Series 1: Minutes of Vestry, 1874-1958; Series 2: Committees and Boards, 1892-1945; Series 3: Financial Records, 1879-1964; Series 4: Correspondence, 1905-1960; Series 5: Vestry Registers, 1913-1921; Series 6: Clergy's Records, 1881-1969; Series 7: Legal documents, 1895; Series 8: Sunday School, 1904-1913; Series 9: Visitors' Books; Series 10: Plans and blueprints, [1892 - 1980]; Series 11: Photographs.

Sans titre
Fonds · 1906-1984, predominant 1916-1978

Fonds consists of correspondence relating to parish property, building projects, finances, appointments, and general affairs (1916-1978); records relating to parish property, including mortgages, assignments, leases, and property sketches (1917-1931); architectural drawings of parish buildings (1953-1971); financial statements (1915-1927); addresses to Archbishops Roche and Skinner (1938, 1952); church record book containing notes and clippings on parish history (1982); newspaper clippings (originals and photocopies) relating to parish history (1938-1984); parish bulletins (1957, 1975); and 12 photographs. Fonds includes some photocopies.

Sans titre
Fonds · 1982-1984

Fonds consists of correspondence relating to parish building projects and the redistribution of parish assets (1982-84); canonical decree establishing the parish and defining its boundaries (1982); and newspaper clippings relating to parish history (1983-84). Fonds includes some photocopies.

Sans titre
Fonds · 1953-1987, predominant 1962-1979

Fonds consists of correspondence relating to Smithville Crescent property, establishment of the parish, appointments, financial matters, building projects, Our Lady of Lourdes School and Parish, and other general parish affairs (1953-1979); canonical decrees delineating St. Pius X's boundaries and suppressing Our Lady of Lourdes (1982); newspaper clippings relating to parish history (1956-1987); architectural sketch of St. Pius X Elementary School (1965); and 3 photographs. Fonds includes some photocopies.

Sans titre
Thomas Andrew Hall fonds
Fonds · 1835, 1840, 1913-1942

The fonds consists of professional and personal fonds of T.A. Hall, predominantly documents and correspondence which relate to Hall's various building projects, including a hospital for the insane; Rose Blanche church; St. John's Cathedral decorations; Port de Grave breakwater; Rennies Mill Road church; Queen's College chapel; various blueprints including, the Church of England boys' orphanage (circa 1936), Placentia bridge (1941), Newfoundland airport, Humber Arm dam, etc. The fonds also contains personal correspondence, a sketchbook of people, images, and landscapes, a photograph album of the Argentia Naval Air Base, a travel log, and postcards. The fonds also includes the 1835 will of John Hall and a related letter (1840).

Sans titre
John Job collection
Collection · [1900-1931]

Collection consists of 2 photograph albums created by the Job family, reflecting the Job business ventures, Job family activities, as well as historical events. The geographic area represented by the photographs is almost exclusively Newfoundland and Labrador, with the exception of photographs from the Search for the Franklin expedition in Hudson Bay (1903-04).

Albums include photographs of the Job premises in St. John's, Quidi Vidi, Placentia, L'Anse au Loop, Blanc Sablon, Little Heart's Ease, Bell Island, and Whitbourne. Images include buildings (interior and exterior), wharves,shipping, and the fishery, including marine fishery, sealing and whaling.

Historical events represented in the albums include the royal visit of the Duke of York (1901), the sealers' strike (1902), the unveiling of the war memorial in St. John's (1924) by Field Marshall Haig, and scenes from the Viking Disaster (1931). The photographs also illustrate the economic activity and the cultural landscape in that era.

Sans titre
Fonds · 1859-1979, predominant 1907-1977

Fonds consists of financial statements (1915-25); records relating to the Reverend Gibbs Memorial Committee (1937-40); correspondence relating to building projects, boundaries, Monsignor E. P. Maher, and general parish affairs (1907-77); land deeds and related correspondence (1859, 1913, 1958-71); newspaper clippings and church publications (1954, 1979); a report entitled General Specification of Proposed Parish Church (1953); St. Roch's Club minute book (1928-31); and 12 photographs of the parish church.

Sans titre