- 1915-1986, predominantly 1951-1971
Fonds consists of records which relate to ecclesiastical property and buildings in Sacred Heart Parish, as well as to various Roman Catholic organizations. The ecclesiastical property records include correspondence (1917-1986); financial statements (1915-1928); a parish boundary decree (1985) and an outline of the parish boundary on a photocopied commercial map (1985); four architectural drawings of a proposed presbytery (1960); six technical drawings - one of a proposed land exchange between the Roman Catholic Church and a parishioner (1966) and five of land in Marystown belonging to the Roman Catholic Episcopal Corporation (1967); two sketches of the intended layout of a parish hall (1965); four Latin documents; church legal documents and forms (1915, 1919, 1948); five black and white photographs and two colour photographs.
The records which relate to church organizations include the Altar Society minute book (1926-1937) and file (1973-1976); the Holy Name Society minute books (1958-1970) and Sunday publications book (1926-1928). As well, the fonds contains material, primarily photocopies and clippings from the Roman Catholic newspaper The Monitor reflecting the history and activities of Sacred Heart Parish.
Sacred Heart Parish (Marystown, NL : Catholic)