Fonds - Anglican Parish of New Hope

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

Anglican Parish of New Hope

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel

Titre parallèle

Anglican Parish of Petty Harbour, NL

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

Niveau de description



Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production


  • 1824-1992 (Production)
    Anglican Parish of New Hope, Petty Harbour, NL

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

50cm of textual records

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

(1829 -)

Histoire administrative

The parish of New Hope includes the Anglican churches in the communities of Petty Harbour, the Goulds, Aquaforte and Bay Bulls.
The history of the church goes back to 1829 when the first incumbent was assigned: prior to that date, people went to St. John's for baptisms, marriages, etc.
In 1956 under the leadership of the Rev. W .F. Ralph plans were put in place to combine the two congregations of Presentation and St. Matthew's in the Goulds. The name St. Paul was chosen. On October 28, 1962, on the feast of St. Simon and St. Jude the corner stone for St. Paul's was laid by the Rt. Rev. J. A. Meaden. The church was officially opened and dedicated on December 8, 1963. In 1972 the parish seat moved to St. Paul's, where a new rectory was built. In 1992, the parish split with St. Paul's going on its own and the Parish of Petty Harbour reverting to its original form.
The first Anglican Church in Bay Bulls was a small wooden structure built in Gunridge in 1864 and was ministered to by the resident priest in Petty Harbour. In May 1964, Holy Trinity Church celebrated its 100th anniversary. In April 1969, work commenced on the present church. The first Eucharist was celebrated in the new church on January 25th, 1970.
On October 28, 1962, on the feast of St. Simon and St. Jude the corner stone for St. Paul's was laid by the Rt. Rev. J. A. Meaden. The church was officially opened and dedicated on December 8, 1963. After many years of hard work and much determination St. Paul's was consecrated on October 22, 1978 by the Rt. Rev. R. L. Seaborn.
The Parish of St. Paul's, the Goulds , was re-amalgamated with the Parish of Petty Harbour to form the Parish of New Hope.

Historique de la conservation

Portée et contenu

Parish registers, Vestry Books Ledgers, Photographs, Banns of Marriage.

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition


The fonds are arranged in boxes.

Langue des documents

  • anglais

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

Restrictions may apply. Consult the archivist.

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

Éléments associés

Éléments associés


The fonds are open. Further accruals expected.

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé


Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions



Niveau de détail


Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue de la description

  • anglais

Langage d'écriture de la description


Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés