Anglican Parish of St. John the Evangelist, Topsail, NL

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Anglican Parish of St. John the Evangelist, Topsail, NL

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1861 -

History

On February 13, 1860. John Harvey, carpenter, St. John’s, was engaged to build the framework of the Church. Consecration of the Church and Graveyard was on June 18, 1861. One of the most interesting aspects of the Old Church is its style of architecture and the natural wood, which has never been painted. Sir Edgar Bowring donated the stained glass window and oak reredos in 1923.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places