Anglican Parish of St. Peter's, Upper Gullies

Zone d'identification

Type d'entité

Collectivité

Forme autorisée du nom

Anglican Parish of St. Peter's, Upper Gullies

forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom

  • Parish of Upper Gullies

Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions

    Autre(s) forme(s) du nom

      Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités

      Zone de description

      Dates d’existence

      1876 -

      Historique

      St. Peter's, Upper Gullies is the oldest church on Conception Bay South. Historically part of the Missions of South Shore Conception Bay and Foxtrap, the congregation began meeting in Hopewell Church, located near the current St. Peter's in 1876. AS the number of settlers in the area grew, so did the congregation. By 1898 it was clear to both clergy and people that a new place of worship was needed. On July 20,1905 the cornerstone was laid and on November 16,1909 the newly named St. Peter's Church was consecrated.

      St. Peter's officially became an independent parish of the Anglican Diocese of Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador on September 26,1976. The Parish Hall Annex was completed in November 1980, giving St. Peter's it current form. In 2003, the church and adjoining cemetery were designated heritage properties by the Town of Conception Bay South

      Lieux

      Statut légal

      Fonctions et activités

      Textes de référence

      Organisation interne/Généalogie

      Contexte général

      Zone des relations

      Zone des points d'accès

      Mots-clés - Sujets

      Mots-clés - Lieux

      Occupations

      Zone du contrôle

      Identifiant de notice d'autorité

      Identifiant du service d'archives

      Règles et/ou conventions utilisées

      Statut

      Niveau de détail

      Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

      Langue(s)

        Écriture(s)

          Sources

          Notes de maintenance