Title and statement of responsibility area
St. Luke’s Anglican Church (Old Bonaventure) fonds
Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal
- Textual record
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Supplied title based on provenance
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- St. Luke's Anglican Church (Old Bonaventure, N.L.)
9 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Naam van de archiefvormer
“The first [St. Luke’s] was in the vicinity of the old cemetery nearer to the harbour. It was blown down in a June gale. An interesting note is that a cow that was seeking protection from the elements was killed in the collapse.
A Mr. Short was in charge of the building of the present edifice and some lumber, namely the wide hemlock boards from England, was salvaged from the old ruins. The present church was consecrated by Bishop Jones on November 13, 1892 when The Rev’d. William Weaver was rector of the parish. The service was at 10:30 a.m. and 54 people attended. The original roof was covered with Trinity Bay slate and the belfry stood separate from the main building.
In the mid nineteen hundreds the wood posts were replaced by concrete pillars and the bell was moved to a newly constructed tower. In more recent times the roof received repairs both inside and out and an attractive spire was added atop the tower.”
The records were kept and maintained at St. Luke’s Church, Old Bonaventure until 2009 when they were donated to the archives by a congregational/community committee.
Bereik en inhoud
The fonds consists of four Vestry Books for the years 1889 - 2004.
The records have been organized into a series according to form and function.
Directe bron van verwerving
Donated by the committee to deal with the closeout of St. Luke’s.
Taal van het materiaal
Schrift van het materiaal
Plaats van originelen
Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten
Restrictions on access
Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.
Standard number area
Genre access points
Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord
Identificatiecode van de instelling
Regels of conventies
Niveau van detaillering
Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering
Created - August 26, 2013
Taal van de beschrijving