Anglican Parish of St. Nicholas, Ivanhoe, NL

Área de identidad

Tipo de entidad

Entidade coletiva

Forma autorizada del nombre

Anglican Parish of St. Nicholas, Ivanhoe, NL

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nombre

    Forma(s) normalizada del nombre, de acuerdo a otras reglas

      Otra(s) forma(s) de nombre

        Identificadores para instituciones

        Área de descripción

        Fechas de existencia

        1926-1964

        Historia

        Ivanhoe and Traytown are two resettled community on the island of Ireland’s Eye in Trinity Bay, in the Parish of Trinity. A meeting of the residents was held May 1,1926, respecting the erection of a church for their communities. Those present voted to have a church “central between Ivanhoe and Traytown”. Permission was granted by the Diocesan Synod and the site across the road from the school was selected. Plans were drawn up by the Rector of the Parish, Rev. E. P. Hiscock, and approved by Synod.

        The church was completed by June 1929, and consecrated later that year. The communities were resettled under the provincial government program in the 1960s. The final recorded congregational meeting was held in 1964. There was no reference to the impending closing of the church, but the lay reader, Mr. Cecil King referred to people “going away from the place they once loved so dearly”. By 1966 the resettlement of the community was complete.

        Lugares

        Estatuto jurídico

        Funciones, ocupaciones y actividades

        Mandatos/fuentes de autoridad

        Estructura/genealogía interna

        Contexto general

        Área de relaciones

        Área de puntos de acceso

        Puntos de acceso por materia

        Puntos de acceso por lugar

        Profesiones

        Área de control

        Identificador de registro de autoridad

        Identificador de la institución

        Reglas y/o convenciones usadas

        Estado de elaboración

        Minuta

        Nivel de detalle

        Parcial

        Fechas de creación, revisión o eliminación

        Created - April 30, 2013

        Idioma(s)

        • inglés

        Escritura(s)

          Fuentes

          Notas de mantención