Women's Patriotic Association. Trinity Branch (Trinity, N.L.)

Zona de identificação

tipo de entidade

Entidade coletiva

Forma autorizada do nome

Women's Patriotic Association. Trinity Branch (Trinity, N.L.)

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome

Forma normalizada do nome de acordo com outras regras

Outra(s) forma(s) do nome

identificadores para entidades coletivas

área de descrição

datas de existência

1914-1948

história

The Women’s Patriotic Association (WPA) was formed in 1914 by Lady Davidson, wife of the governor of Newfoundland. Its purpose was to provide assistance to men serving overseas and to dependents at home, by knitting garments, preparing bandages and raising funds for materials. The WPA was dissolved in 1921, but was re-formed in 1939 under the direction of Lady Walwyn. The Trinity branch was formed at that time.

From 1939 to 1945 members of the branch made quantities of knitted goods for men serving overseas. The branch remained active throughout the period of the second World War. In 1948 the Association disbanded. Any remaining funds were donated to the Red Cross Society.

Locais

status legal

funções, ocupações e atividades

Mandatos/Fontes de autoridade

Estruturas internas/genealogia

contexto geral

Área de relacionamento

Área de pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Ocupações

Zona do controlo

Identificador do registo de autoridade

Identificador da instituição

Regras ou convenções utilizadas

Estatuto

Preliminar

Nível de detalhe

Parcial

Datas de criação, revisão ou eliminação

Created - May 7, 2013

Línguas e escritas

  • inglês

Script(s)

Fontes

Notas de manutenção

  • Área de transferência

  • Exportar

  • EAC

Assuntos relacionados

Locais relacionados