All Saints Anglican Church, English Harbour (NL)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

All Saints Anglican Church, English Harbour (NL)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1898-2004

History

All Saints Anglican Church of English Harbour was constructed in 1898 and consecrated on All Saints Day in 1900. It was built to replace St. Silas Anglican Church which was constructed between 1826 and 1829 and replaced a school chapel which was in use from the late 1700's to 1826. All Saints being the third Anglican Church to be built in the community. The bell in the tower of the church was cast in 1885 by Meneely & Co. of West Troy, U.S.A. and was used until the church was closed in 2004 due to small congregational size and much needed repairs.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created - August 21, 2013

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places