Fonds - All Saints Anglican Church, English Harbour (NL) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

All Saints Anglican Church, English Harbour (NL) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Supplied title based on provenance

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1885-1996 (Creation)
    Creator
    All Saints Anglican Church, English Harbour (NL)

Physical description area

Physical description

14.8 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1898-2004)

Administrative history

All Saints Anglican Church of English Harbour was constructed in 1898 and consecrated on All Saints Day in 1900. It was built to replace St. Silas Anglican Church which was constructed between 1826 and 1829 and replaced a school chapel which was in use from the late 1700's to 1826. All Saints being the third Anglican Church to be built in the community. The bell in the tower of the church was cast in 1885 by Meneely & Co. of West Troy, U.S.A. and was used until the church was closed in 2004 due to small congregational size and much needed repairs.

Custodial history

The original records are stored at All Saints Church. Permission was received from Rev. John Gilliam, Rector, Anglican Parish of Port Rexton, to have these records copied for the archives in 2004.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of the administrative and financial records of the church and includes the following material: Minutes of Meetings, 1917- 1931; Minute Book, 1931 - 1952-53; Minutes of the Congregation Meetings, 1954- 1984; Vestry Minutes, February 1960 - January 1977; Cash Book, 1931-1958; Record of Envelope Givings, 1963-1996; Accounts Book, 1966- 1996; Register of Services, January 1897- December 1921; Vestry Book, 1922-1952; and Visitor’s Book, 1980-1996.

The records have been organized into four series according to the form and function of the records: Series 1: Minutes of Vestry, 1917-1931; Series 2: Financial Records, 1931-1996; Series 3: Vestry Register, 1897-1952; Series 4: Visitor’s Book, 1980 - 1996.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Donated by the Rector of the Anglican Parish of Port Rexton, Rev. J. Gilliam, August 2004.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created - August 21, 2013

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related genres