Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Church of England Women's Association (St. Faith's, Ireland's Eye, N.L..)
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The Church of England Women’s Association (C.E.W.A.) was founded in 1876 at Heart’s Content. The C.E.W.A. promoted Christian unity and fellowship at home and overseas. A branch of the C.E.W.A .was established at Ireland’s Eye in 1905. On October 4th, 41 ladies from the congregation attended the first meeting, which was addressed by Mrs. Hollands, wife of the Rector of the Parish. All present voted in favour of establishing St. Faith’s branch.
The Association met once a week to work at sewing, knitting, embroidery etc. They held regular sales of work, and the proceeds were donated to various charities at home and abroad, and contributions were made to the rector’s stipend and church funds. The Association made a substantial contribution to the new Church of St. George’s built in 1927.
The final meeting of St. Faith’s was held on August 28 1965.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Created - April 12, 2013