Title and statement of responsibility area
Church of England Women's Association (St. Faith's, Ireland's Eye, NF) fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Supplied title based on provenance.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1905 - 1965 (Creation)
Physical description area
16 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Church of England Women’s Association (C.E.W.A.) was founded in 1876 at Heart’s Content. The C.E.W.A. promoted Christian unity and fellowship at home and overseas. A branch of the C.E.W.A .was established at Ireland’s Eye in 1905. On October 4th, 41 ladies from the congregation attended the first meeting, which was addressed by Mrs. Hollands, wife of the Rector of the Parish. All present voted in favour of establishing St. Faith’s branch.
The Association met once a week to work at sewing, knitting, embroidery etc. They held regular sales of work, and the proceeds were donated to various charities at home and abroad, and contributions were made to the rector’s stipend and church funds. The Association made a substantial contribution to the new Church of St. George’s built in 1927.
The final meeting of St. Faith’s was held on August 28 1965.
Since the resettlement of the community the records have been kept at the rectory of the parish of Trinity.
Scope and content
The fonds contains minutes and attendance of the C.E.W.A. meetings, 1905-1965; accounts, 1927-1965; a record of altar work; an account of collections for a new church from 1920 onwards; annual report for 1961-63 and Christmas letters for 1959, 1962 and 1963.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by the Rector of the Parish of Trinity, Rev. G. Colbourne, July 2000.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain copyright status and clearance.
No finding aid available.
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description record identifier
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Created - April 12, 2013
Language of description