Fonds - Trouty Recreation Committee fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Trouty Recreation Committee fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Supplied title based on provenance

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1979-2006 (Creation)
    Creator
    Trouty Recreation Commitee

Physical description area

Physical description

3.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1979-2006)

Administrative history

In 1979 a dart league was started in Trouty at the Anglican Church Women’s Hall, by a group of residents who thought that some added social activity in the community might be useful and welcomed. Before long it was considered that the Hall would not continue to be appropriate for such an activity to continue. The interested parties decided to build their own hall (The Recreation Hall). This decision was hastened by a supply of government (both federal and provincial) funding. It was about this time that the thought was advanced that a site/ hall would be a place where the youth of Trouty could possibly meet and entertain themselves.

As a result plans were made and partly carried out to equip the building with appropriate furnishings. The full aspirations were met by 1983. The Dart League flourished in a diminishing manner until 2005. In the mean time the Committee operated with varying amounts of success until 2006 when there existed but two officers and one member. When no other members of the community came forward to join the Committee it was decided to disband the Committee and to sell the Hall ‘as is’.

The hall was sold for $2600 and the remaining funds were dispersed as follows; $1650 paid to the Town of Trinity for fire protection for Trouty for 2007; and any remaining funds were divided between St. Matthew’s Anglican Church; Fort Point Lions Club and Trouty Fire Service.

Custodial history

The Committee agreed to donate the remaining written material with the Trinity Historical Society Archives in 2006.

Scope and content

Collection consists of minutes of the Reaction Committee, 2003 - 2006; treasurers records 2003 - 2005; Notices and correspondence and miscellaneous materials concerning the history of the community.

The records have been organized in four series: Series 1, minutes 2003 - 2005; Series 2, Treasurer’s records, 2003 - 2005; Series 3, Correspondence, 2000 - 2006; Series 4, Miscellaneous, 1825 - 2004.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created - August 28, 2013

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres