Anglican Parish of Bell Island

Zona de identificação

tipo de entidade

Entidade coletiva

Forma autorizada do nome

Anglican Parish of Bell Island

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome

Forma normalizada do nome de acordo com outras regras

Outra(s) forma(s) do nome

identificadores para entidades coletivas

área de descrição

datas de existência

1843 -

história

Church of England priests visited Bell Island from the shores of Conception Bay as far back as 1795. Bell Islanders seeking the Sacraments of Baptism and Marriage often went to Hr. Grace. The first known priest that came regularly to Bell Island was the Rev. Thomas Longhorne.

On Aug 12, 1843, Bishop Spencer consecrated the first church on Bell Island, the church of St. Mary the Virgin and in the fall of that year rev. Thomas Boone came to Lance Cove. In 1867 Bishop Field separated the Congregation from Portugal Cove and it became part of the Topsail Mission and 5 years later a new church was consecrated by Bishop Field. In 1903 a second church was built to serve the people of Wabana. St. Boniface was situated where the old cemetery is now located. Then in 1926 the cornerstone was laid by Bishop William White for the present church of St. Cyprians - Bishop and Martyr. This church replaced St. Boniface.
St. Cyprian's is the "headquarters" of the Anglican Church's on Bell Island with St. Mary's a part of the parish, however, all records are kept as a single unit.

Locais

status legal

funções, ocupações e atividades

Mandatos/Fontes de autoridade

Estruturas internas/genealogia

contexto geral

Área de relacionamento

Área de pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Ocupações

Zona do controlo

Identificador do registo de autoridade

Identificador da instituição

Regras ou convenções utilizadas

Estatuto

Nível de detalhe

Datas de criação, revisão ou eliminação

Línguas e escritas

Script(s)

Fontes

Notas de manutenção

  • Área de transferência

  • Exportar

  • EAC

Assuntos relacionados

Locais relacionados