United Church of Canada. Creston-Red Harbour Pastoral Charge
Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
Creston-Red Harbour became a pastoral charge in the Avalon Presbytery, Newfoundland Conference of the United Church of Canada in 1975. It was a successor body to the Creston-Marystown Pastoral Charge, with congregations at Boat Harbour, Creston North, Creston South, Little Bay East, and Red Harbour. Rev. R. Neil Newbury was appointed its first minister.
Historically, Creston had been part of the Burin Mission. In 1894, it became part of the Epworth Mission. Red Harbour and Little Bay East had also formerly been associated with other missions in Placentia Bay and Fortune Bay. The Little Bay East congregation had been part of the Congregationalist Fortune Bay Mission until 1941. In that year, the mission was received into the United Church of Canada, and Little Bay East became a congregation in the Pool's Cove Pastoral Charge. The boundaries of that pastoral charge remained the same until 1970, when Little Bay East came under the newly formed Creston-Marystown Pastoral Charge. Meanwhile, Red Harbour had originally been a congregation in the Port Elizabeth Pastoral Charge. In 1972, after the resettlement of Port Elizabeth, the Red Harbour Pastoral Charge was formed and included both Red Harbour and Little Bay East.
Functies, beroepen en activiteiten
Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid
Interne structuren / genealogie
Access points area
Authority record identifier
Identificatiecode van de instelling
Toegepaste regels en/of conventies
Niveau van detaillering
Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering
Created - May 15, 2013