Anglican Church of the Ascension, Mount Pearl, NL

Zona de identificação

tipo de entidade

Entidade coletiva

Forma autorizada do nome

Anglican Church of the Ascension, Mount Pearl, NL

Forma(s) paralela(s) de nome

Forma normalizada do nome de acordo com outras regras

Outra(s) forma(s) do nome

identificadores para entidades coletivas

área de descrição

datas de existência

1952 -

história

The Parish of the Ascension in Mount Pearl can trace its origins to a service of worship held on October 12th, 1952 in a converted garage made available by the late James Billard. This service was conducted by the Rev. Canon A. B. S. Stirling, then Rector of the Parish of St. Mary the Virgin in St. John's.
The first Church of the Ascension was opened on June 17th, 1956 on Park Avenue. Parish status was granted by the Diocese of Newfoundland on January 1st, 1964 and the Rev. R. T. Mercer was inducted as the first Rector on February 23rd of that year.
Throughout the 1960's and 1970's, the Church of the Ascension continued to grow and on September 24th, 1978 the second Church of the Ascension was dedicated on Smallwood Drive by Archbishop Robert L. Seaborn. On May 12th, 1983 - Ascension Day - the new Church of the Ascension was consecrated by Bishop Martin Mate.

Locais

status legal

funções, ocupações e atividades

Mandatos/Fontes de autoridade

Estruturas internas/genealogia

contexto geral

Área de relacionamento

Área de pontos de acesso

Ocupações

Zona do controlo

Identificador do registo de autoridade

Identificador da instituição

Regras ou convenções utilizadas

Estatuto

Nível de detalhe

Datas de criação, revisão ou eliminação

Línguas e escritas

Script(s)

Fontes

Notas de manutenção

  • Área de transferência

  • Exportar

  • EAC