Fonds - Churchmen's Club, (Trinity, NF) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Churchmen's Club, (Trinity, NF) fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Supplied title based on provenance

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1932-1950 (Creation)
    Creator
    Churchmen's Club (Trinity, N.L.)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1932-1950)

Administrative history

The Churchmen’s Club at Trinity was established in the 1920s. The club was open to confirmed male members of the church over 16 years of age, who were approved by other members. After the first few years the club was open to all denominations. The clubroom was in the Parish Hall. It was open most evenings and members gathered for cards, darts, billiards and other activities. They also organized tournaments with other clubs in the area. One night per week the club was rented to the Ladies Club. The club remained active until the 1970s.

Source: Churchmen’s Club minute book and rules and regulations.

Custodial history

After the club closed the records were kept at the rectory of the parish of Trinity.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of the minute book of the Churchmen's Club, 1932-1950, general rules and card rules, 1946, and invoices, 1939.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Donated by the Rector of the Parish of Trinity, Rev. G. Colbourne, July 2000.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

It is the responsibility of the researcher to obtain copyright status and clearance.

Finding aids

No finding aid available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Draft

Level of detail

Partial

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Created - April 23, 2013

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres