Archief - Anglican Parish of Harbour Grace

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

Anglican Parish of Harbour Grace

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

  • Textual record

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

referentie code

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1996-2011 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    Anglican Parish of Harbour Grace

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

(1764 -)

Institutionele geschiedenis

The first Church of England was built in Harbour Grace in 1764 with the establishment of a mission to the community. The cornerstone for the present St. Paul's church was laid by Governor Prescott on August 28, 1835 on the same site as the 1764 church. It was then consecrated by Bishop Spencer on the 4th of July, 1840.
The first concrete evidence that St. Peter's congregation had been formed can be found in 1872. Baptismal records show baptisms for residents in that year. Parish records also show names of communicants from Harbour Grace South starting in December 25, 1872.
A St. Peter's Church for Harbour Grace South Anglicans was constructed between 1872-1875. At a special meeting held on May 17, 1906 collectors for the "new church" fund were appointed for different harbours of "THE LABRADOR" as follows: Carpoon - Thos. H. Sheppard; Fishing Ships - Clem Sheppard & Martin George ; Tub Harbour - James & Josiah Yetman; Seal Islands - Lymen & John Noel; Webbers Harbour - Alex Sheppard & Eliezer Noel; Shoal Tickle - Mark Sheppard; Shoal Bay Islands - Victor Sheppard and Leander Noel; Grady - Jonathan Sheppard; Sandy Islands - Moses Yetman
In 1925 St. Paul's and St. Peter's became one parish.

Geschiedenis beheer

Bereik en inhoud

Annual reports and correspondence

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Onderwerp trefwoord

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Status

Niveau van detaillering

Datering van aanmaak, herziening of verwijdering

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres